- Trip Summary
- Similar Tours
- Departures from main US airports.
- Entrance tickets to monuments and museums
- First class hotel accommodations
- Meals as indicated in the itinerary
- Transportation shown in itinerary
Departures from main US airports.
International flights: US - San José - US.
13 nights hotel accommodation in Charm and Superior category hotels.
11 Breakfasts and Full-Board in Tortuguero.
Transfers in air-conditioned vehicles.
Visits and entrance fees as indicated in the itinerary with an English-speaking guide.
All air taxes and fuel surcharge.
Exclusive access to Langosta Beach Club.
- Day 1
- Day 2
- Day 3
- Day 4
- Day 5
- Day 6
- Day 7
- Day 8
- Day 9
- Day 10
- Day 11
- Day 12
- Day 13
- Day 14
Arrive at your US departure airport to board a flight* to San José. Arrive in the capital of Costa Rica and transfer to your hotel. Overnight stay in San Jose.
* If either your outbound or inbound flights depart in the early hours (before 4:00 a.m.) you must arrive at the airport the night before the indicated departure day.
San José - Tortuguero
Set off early towards Tortuguero with a stop along the way for breakfast. Pass through the exuberant Braulio Carrillo National Park before finally arriving in Tortuguero and your hotel in time for lunch. In the afternoon, enjoy a fascinating tour of Tortuguero, including the Turtle Conservation Museum and the lively village. Enjoy a boat ride through the leafy canals back to the hotel and spend the rest of the day exploring at your leisure. Dinner and overnight stay in Tortuguero. (B,D)
Breakfast at the hotel. This morning, enjoy a relaxing boat trip along the canals of Tortuguero, admiring the abundant flora and fauna. Return to the hotel for lunch. The afternoon is free at your leisure to explore further or simply relax at the hotel. In the evening, we recommend taking the opportunity to see the turtles spawning on the beach (July - September). Dinner and overnight stay in Tortuguero.(B,L,D)
Please note: Entrance to Tortuguero National Park is not included. Approximately $15 per person, to be paid at the destination.
Tortuguero - Guapiles - Arenal
Breakfast at the hotel. In the morning, set off for the charming city of Guapiles, arriving in time for lunch. Afterwards, continue to La Fortuna, where the Arenal Volcano is located, one of the most important and spectacular in Costa Rica. Arrive at the hotel and spend the rest of the afternoon exploring at your leisure. Overnight stay in Arenal. (B,L)
Breakfast at the hotel. Spend a relaxing morning at your leisure. In the afternoon, meet your guide in the hotel lobby and embark on a guided hike to the Arenal Volcano. Enjoy a hiking experience through trails marked with the remains of previous lava flows of the impressive and majestic Arenal Volcano. The main attraction of La Fortuna is the Arenal Volcano with its nearly perfect cone shape and a height of 1633 meters. Along the hike you will discover the abundant flora and some fauna which inhabits the rainforest under re-generation; your guide will tell you all about the Arenal Volcano history and activity. After the hike, you may choose between different popular hot springs in the area to relax and enjoy the water which is naturally heated by the volcano (optional extras).* Overnight stay in Arenal. (B)
* Thermal Hot Springs in Tabacón: Enjoy one of the main natural wonders of the country with waterfalls that form natural pools whose thermal waters emerge directly from the impressive and active Arenal Volcano. Dinner included.
* Paradise Hot Springs Pass: Enjoy an evening of indulgence with a pass to the Paradise Natural Hot Springs, heated by the Arenal Volcano. Enjoy access to three different hot pools and two hydromassage hot tubs, perfect for relaxing in the beautiful tropical surroundings.
Breakfast at the hotel. Free day to enjoy the tranquillity of this beautiful natural environment. We recommend an optional horseback ride excursion to experience the natural environment in the traditional way.* Overnight stay in Arenal. (B)
* Optional Half-Day Horseback Ride Excursion: Set off on a scenic horseback ride to appreciate the beauty of nature and the sounds, colour and energy of the rainforest. Ascend to a viewpoint where you will have an impressive view of the Arenal Volcano and Lake Arenal. Also, enjoy a brief walking tour to one of the park's suspension bridges. Lunch included.
Arenal - Monteverde
Breakfast at the hotel. In the morning, set off towards Monteverde, travelling along the banks of Lake Arenal for breathtaking views of the volcano. Cross the lake on a shared boat service* and continue by road for the remainder of the journey. Arrive in Monteverde, one of the richest and diverse rainforests in the world, home to extensive trails, abundant wildlife including several monkey species, and astounding natural beauty. Check-in to the hotel and enjoy an afternoon at your leisure. We recommend an exciting optional Monteverde Canopy Tour.** Overnight stay in Monteverde. (B)
* Please note: The shared boat service across the lake may be replaced by a road transfer around the shore of Lake Arenal.
** Optional Monteverde Canopy Tour: Explore the canopy on one of the longest cables in the country and cross suspension bridges and zip lines of more than 900 feet high, from where you can explore the treetops and the wide biological diversity of the rainforest. We recommend wearing long trousers, a light jacket and comfortable shoes.
Breakfast at the hotel. In the morning embark on an exciting unguided Hanging Bridges excursion for the best views of the treetop wildlife of Monteverde. Traverse a route of approximately 3 kilometres, crossing a combination of trails and hanging bridges which criss-cross the abundant 'cloud forest'. This is a unique and thrilling way to experience the best of Costa Rican wildlife, away from the hustle and bustle of the rainforest floor. Return to the hotel and the rest of the afternoon is free at your leisure. We recommend an optional night-walk for a chance to encounter the local nocturnal wildlife.* Overnight stay in Monteverde. (B)
* Optional Night Walk in Monteverde: Set off at sunset to observe the nocturnal wildlife with the help of a naturalist guide and torchlights. Look out for lazy sloths, armadillos and sleeping birds perched in the treetops as you enjoy a 2.5-hour night walk in the rainforest.
Please note: the Hanging Bridges excursion is unaccompanied, without a guide.
Breakfast at the hotel. Enjoy a day at your leisure in leafy Monteverde, getting in touch with nature or simply unwinding at the hotel and making the most of the facilities. We recommend an optional excursion to the Monteverde Cloud Forest.* Overnight stay in Monteverde. (B)
* Optional Monteverde Cloud Forest Excursion: Explore the rich cloud forests and extensive nature trails of Monteverde Cloud Forest. Observe wildlife ranging from jaguars to butterflies and quetzals as you traverse a number of different trails through 8 different ‘life-zones’ ranging from swamps to cloud forests.
Monteverde - Tamarindo
Breakfast at the hotel. Transfer to Tamarindo, in the province of Guanacaste, known for its beautiful beaches and surfing. Arrive at the hotel and begin to enjoy your stay surrounded by idyllic beaches, bathed in Guanacaste sunshine. Overnight stay in Tamarindo. (B)
Breakfast at the hotel. Enjoy a day at your leisure, soaking up the sunshine and relaxing on the idyllic underdeveloped beaches of Tamarindo. We recommend an optional boat safari in the Las Baulas National Park.* Overnight stay in Tamarindo. (B)
* Optional Boat Safari in Tamarindo Estuary: Discover the unique flora and fauna which inhabit the lush mangroves. Look out for noisy howler monkeys, crocodiles and iguanas, whilst appreciating the colourful birdlife above. Slowly travel along the channels, so as not to disturb the wildlife, and admire the wonderful natural beauty of the reserve.
Breakfast at the hotel. Free day to enjoy this tropical Costa Rican paradise located on the Pacific North Coast, with dreamy beaches bathed by the Guanacaste sun. We recommend an optional Catamaran Tour this morning.* Overnight stay in Tamarindo. (B)
* Optional Catamaran Tour: Set off in the morning on a relaxing catamaran tour. The route is the same as the afternoon but with much less boat traffic. Look out for marine life such as whales, dolphins and rays, and enjoy snorkelling in the clear waters. Buffet brunch included.
Tamarindo - San José
Breakfast at the hotel. Transfer back to the capital, to spend your last night in San José. We suggest taking a stroll through this beautiful city, visiting the National Theatre of Costa Rica or enjoying a delicious dinner at a local restaurant. For a great overview of the city, we recommend an optional city tour of San Jose.* Overnight stay in San José. (B)
* Optional San Jose City Tour: Visit the most prominent sights of the city such as the National Theater, the Art Museum, the Metropolitan Cathedral and the charming Central Market, among other places. Traditional dinner included.
San José - US
Breakfast at the hotel. At the indicated time, transfer to the airport to board your flight back to the US. Arrive in the US and end your trip. (B)
If your return flight departs in the evening, your arrival in the US will be the following day and the total duration of your trip will be 15 days.