- Trip Summary
- Similar Tours
- Departures from main US airports.
- Entrance tickets to monuments and museums
- First class hotel accommodations
- Meals as indicated in the itinerary
- Transportation shown in itinerary
- Departures from main US airports.
- International flights: US - Dublin - US.
- 7 nights accommodation in Superior category hotels.
- 7 breakfasts.
- Transfers in air-conditioned vehicles.
- Visits and entrance fees are indicated in the itinerary.
- All air taxes and fuel surcharge.
- English speaking guide.
- Day 1
- Day 2
- Day 3
- Day 4
- Day 5
- Day 6
- Day 7
- Day 8
- Day 9
Arrive at your US departure airport ready to board a flight to Dublin, the Ireland capital. Night on board.*
* If either your outbound or inbound flights depart in the early hours (before 4:00 a.m.) you must arrive at the airport the night before the indicated departure day.
Arrive at Dublin airport and transfer to the hotel. Meet your English speaking guide at the lobby of the hotel to begin a walking Tour of Dublin. This tour will show you the main sights and introduce you to the wonderful city and history passing by Trinity College, the oldest university in Ireland and home to the Book of Kells. Continue to the area of Temple Bar which is the cultural centre and home to colourful pubs, Irish music, dance and much more. You will learn the story of the Ha’Penny Bridge over the River Liffey and will also walk past Dublin Castle which was the seat of British Rule in Ireland for 700 years. Continuing your walk you will see Christchurch Cathedral and St. Patrick’s Cathedral which is Ireland largest Church and named after the patron Saint of Ireland. The tour will finalize in the Temple Bar area where we recommend visiting Guinness Storehouse*. Overnight stay in Dublin.
* Optional Guinness Storehouse: Visit the famous factory including the Connoisseur Experience, tasting paddle of a range of Guinness beers, a pint of Guinness, and entry to the wider Guinness Storehouse culminating in a trip to the Gravity Bar. Learn about traditions and stories of the most popular variants of the "black stuff"- Guinness Draught, Guinness Original, Guinness Foreign Extra Stout, and one of our beers from The Brewers Project range. You will also learn the craft of how to pour the perfect pint of your very own Guinness.
Dublin - Athlone - Galway
After breakfast, meet your English speaking driver-guide at the lobby of the hotel. Today, depart from the capital to begin your tour of the Republic of Ireland. Your first major stop will be in the town of Athlone in the very centre of Ireland. Athlone is on the river Shannon which is the longest river in Ireland flowing from Lough Ree, a vast lake with furrowed banks and dozens of islands. You will have a panoramic tour of the town and see the impressive Athlone Castle originally built in the 13th century for King John by his Irish Justiciar, Bishop John de Gray of Norwich. After some free time in Athlone, continue west towards Galway. Galway is a port city on Ireland’s west coast and it sits where the River Corrib meets the Atlantic Ocean. You will visit the city centre, learn about its history and enjoy Eyre Square, which is a popular meeting spot surrounded by shops and traditional pubs and many still offer Irish folk music. Overnight stay in Galway. (B)
Galway - Connemmara - Galway
Breakfast at the hotel. Today depart from the hotel towards Connemara National Park which is a cultural region in County Galway. The area has a strong association with traditional Irish culture and contains a major part of the Connacht Irish-speaking Gaeltacht, which is a key part of the identity of the region and is the largest Gaeltacht
in the country. Here we will have the chance to take an optional cruise on the Killary Fjord* which is well worth it! On the way back to Galway, you also have the option to add an optional visit to the Cliffs of Moher**. Overnight stay in Galway. (B)
* Optional cruise on the Killary Fjord: Enjoy the views of the Killary Fjord on an amazing tour by cruise.
** Optional Excursions of the Cliffs of Moher: Don't miss the opportunity to enjoy the stunning views of the ocean from the most famous Cliffs in Ireland.
Galway - Limerick - Killarney
Breakfast at the hotel. Today, depart the hotel at 09:00 AM towards County Kerry. On the way, stop in Limerick, one of the major cities in Ireland, dating back to the end of the 12th century. Limerick County is also where John F. Kennedy’s great-grandfather was originally from. You will visit the city of Limerick, where you also have the chance to enter King’s John Castle*. You can also enjoy some free time to walk around or try an Irish coffee, as Limerick is where the drink was invented. After a bit of time in Limerick, we depart towards the southwest of Ireland, County Kerry, which is renowned for its beautiful scenery and amazing Killarney National Park. Overnight stay in Killarney. (B)
* Optional excursion King’s John Castle: Discover the westernmost Normal Castle in Europe. The castle itself was built on the orders of King John in 1200. The remains of a vikings settlement were uncovered during archaeological excavations at the site in 1900.
Killarney - Ring of Kerry - Youghal
Breakfast at the hotel. Today you get the chance to visit the Ring of Kerry with all of its natural beauty at the National Park, lakes and coast where you can see all of the incredible beaches and small Irish towns. In the afternoon, head towards to Cork and prior to that, you can optionally visit Blarney Castle*. Visit the city of Cork, the second-largest city in Ireland after Dublin, before heading towards the hotel. Overnight stay in Youghal. (B)
* Optional visit to Blarney Castle: Visit the Castle where you will find the Blarney Stone which, legend has it, endows anyone that kisses it with the ‘gift of the gab’, which the Irish are famous for.
Cork - Waterford - Kilkenny - Dublin
Breakfast at the hotel. On your last touring day, head northeast back towards the capital, Dublin. On the way, stop in the seaport city of Waterford which is Irelands oldest city. Whilst in Waterford we also recommend an optional visit to the Waterford Crystal Factory*. Continue the day to the medieval town of Kilkenny with its cobblestones, secret street, many churches and also its imposing St. Canices Cathedral (also known as Kilkenny Cathedral). After free time at your disposal, continue northeast to Dublin crossing through Glendalough and the beautiful Wicklow Mountains, where you can book an optional visit to Glendalough Monastic City**. Arrival to Dublin and overnight stay. (B)
* Optional visit to the Waterford Crystal Factory: Enjoy an interesting visit to the world-known famous factory for its crystal making.
** Optional visit to Glendalough Monastic City: Discover Early Medieval monastic settlement founded in the 6th century by Saint Kevin. From 1825 to 1957, the head of the Glendalough Valley was the site of a galena lead mine. Glendalough is also a recreational area for picnics, for walking along networks of maintained trails of varying difficulty, and also for rock-climbing.
Breakfast at the hotel. Day at your leisure to enjoy your last moments in Dublin. You can complement your day by booking any of these optional excursions: Jameson Whiskey Distillery Tour*, EPIC Museum**. In the evening we recommend booking a fun and entertaining Irish evening with dinner***. Overnight stay in Dublin. (B)
* Optional Jameson Whiskey Distillery Tour: Experience unique tour, tastings and classes at home with the world's favourite Irish whiskey, hosted by the inimitable Jameson Ambassadors.
** Optional EPIC Museum: Located in the CHQ building in one of Dublin's most historic locations. CHQ, formerly known as Stack A, or the Tobacco Shop, was built between 1817 and 1820 to store valuable shipments of tobacco, tea, and spirits. Designed by Scottish engineer John Rennie with his son of the same name working as his main assistant, this industrial masterpiece had the largest floor clearance before the 20th century in the city of Dublin. The building became famous when it hosted the Banquet of the Crimean War in 1856, celebrating the return of 3,000 Irish soldiers.
*** Optional The Merry Ploughboy Pub for Irish evening including dinner: This Irish music pub and restaurant has free live music every weekend, plus an unforgettable traditional Irish night dinner and show every night. The traditional dinner and show has been awarded "Best Traditional Dinner/Show in Ireland”. This event, an entertaining evening in a 200 year old pub, owned and run by musicians, combines authentic Irish food with music, song and dance. Transfer included.
Breakfast at the hotel. At the indicated time, transfer to the airport for a flight back to the US. Arrive in the US and end your trip. (B)