- Trip Summary
- Similar Tours
- Departures from main US airports.
- Entrance tickets to monuments and museums
- First class hotel accommodations
- Meals as indicated in the itinerary
- Transportation shown in itinerary
Departures from main USA airports.
International flights: USA - Rome, Venice - Canada.
Domestic train in standard class: Rome - Florence - Venice Mestre.
8 nights accommodation in Superior category hotels.
Transfers in air-conditioned vehicles as indicated in the itinerary.
Visits and entrance fees as indicated in the itinerary.
All air taxes and fuel surcharge.
Guided walking tours in Florence and Venice.
Guided Visit to the Colosseum, Roman Forum & Palatine Hill in Rome.
- Day 1
- Day 2
- Day 3
- Day 4
- Day 5
- Day 6
- Day 7
- Day 8
- Day 9
- Day 10
Pack your bags and head to your departure airport, ready for a flight to the eternal city of Rome.* Night on board.
* If either your outbound or inbound flights depart in the early hours (before 4:00 a.m.) you must arrive at the airport the night before the indicated departure day.
Arrive in Rome, the Italian capital, and transfer to the hotel. Depending on your arrival time, the remainder of the day is free to begin exploring this romantic, historic city. The evening is the most magical time of day in Rome when the streets take on an even more charming character. Overnight stay in Rome.
Breakfast at the hotel. Today, enjoy a Guided Visit to the Colosseum, Roman Forum & Palatine Hill, three of the main archaeological sites of the Eternal City. Learn about the history of this empire, from its birth to the gladiatorial fights in the Colosseum, and appreciate the preserved corners of ancient Rome in the Forum and the Palatine Hill. We recommend the optional Guided Walking Tour through the best of Rome*. The remainder of the day is at your leisure to explore the historic streets of Rome and dine on delicious Italian cuisine! Overnight stay in Rome. (B)
* Optional Best of Rome Guided Walking Tour: Discover one of Rome's most typical squares, Piazza di Spagna, and its famous Spanish Steps. Continue experiencing this eternal city by visiting the iconic Trevi Fountain, a 17th-century masterpiece in which throwing a coin is supposed to assure your return to Rome. End the tour by stopping at the Pantheon, one of the best-preserved monuments of Roman antiquity. Please note: On Saturdays the Pantheon is CLOSED.
After a delicious breakfast at the hotel, enjoy a day at your leisure in Rome. Perhaps visit the Vatican, trace the footsteps of the greats in the ancient streets of the old city or simply indulge in some delicious Italian ice-cream. However you choose to spend your day, Rome is sure to delight you with its old-world charm and unbeatable sights. We suggest taking the optional Guided tour of Vatican Museums and Sistine Chapel*. Overnight stay in Rome. (B)
* Optional Skip-the-line guided tour of Vatican Museums and Sistine Chapel: In the Vatican Museums, admire the works of art in the Patio della Pigna and the Gallery of Candelabra, among others. Next, visit the inimitable Sistine Chapel to discover the incredible and well-known work of art by Michelangelo. Note: This optional tour is NOT available on Sundays.
Breakfast at the hotel. At the indicated time, make your own way to the train station to catch the Frecciarossa high-speed train to Florence. Arrive in Florence, the heart of the Italian Renaissance, and self-transfer to the hotel. Rest of the day at your leisure to explore the city and keep enjoying the Italian cuisine in this gourmet paradise. Overnight stay in Florence. (B)
Breakfast at the hotel. Today head to the Historic Centre of Florence for a guided walking tour of Florence and discover the hidden secrets of the Tuscan capital. Start discovering Piazza Repubblica, one of the fanciest of the city, before heading to Loggia del Mercato Nuovo, a building where a local market takes place. Keep exploring the streets of Florence before arriving at the beautiful and well-known Ponte Vecchio, the most iconic bridge in the city and one of its main symbols. You will then walk through the Piazza della Signoria, the heart of Medieval Florence with the imposing Palazzo Vecchio. End the tour admiring Piazza San Giovanni, home to the impressive Florence Cathedral, with its iconic Brunelleschi cupola and the famous Giotto Belltower. Rest of the day at your leisure to continue exploring the captivating sights of Florence. Overnight stay in Florence. (B)
Breakfast at the hotel. Full day at your leisure to enjoy your last day in the city. Florence's historical centre is considered a UNESCO World Heritage Site, so why not take a stroll on your own to discover its hidden treasures. We recommend the optional Full-Day Excursion to Pisa, Siena & Gimignano to discover more of the Tuscany region.* Overnight stay in Florence. (B)
* Optional Full-Day Excursion to Pisa, Siena & Gimignano with lunch in a cellar: Discover the main Tuscan cities in this full-day tour and learn more about this region of magnificent views. Travel to Siena to walk through its charming streets and Medieval squares before arriving at the spectacular cathedral. After a short bus ride, arrive at a cellar in the heart of the Tuscan countryside to enjoy a delicious lunch, served with some typical wines. Continue your journey to San Gimignano, a small town that remained intact over the centuries on the top of a hill, to finally arrive in Pisa. Take a short walk until arriving at the Square of Miracles, where you find the worldwide known Leaning Tower of Pisa, one of the most remarkable architectural structures from Medieval Europe. Note: This optional tour is NOT available on Wednesday, Friday and Sunday from November to March, both inclusive.
Florence - Venice
Breakfast at the hotel. At the indicated time, self-transfer to the station to catch the Frecciarossa high-speed train to Venice (Mestre Station). Arrive in the romantic city of Venice, make your own way to the hotel and enjoy the rest of the day at your leisure. Built across more than 100 small islands, Venice is a pleasure to explore on foot as you get lost in the labyrinthine streets, stumbling across hidden cafes and cultural gems along the way. Get out and discover the plentiful delights on this eternal city, such as the immense Piazza San Marco, and perhaps enjoy a peaceful gondola ride through the atmospheric canals. Overnight stay in Venice. (B)
Breakfast at the hotel. Today, make the most of a guided walking tour through Venice to learn about its history and culture and the greatest artists of the city. Start the tour with a tranquil walk through Cannaregio, one of the most characteristic neighbourhoods of Venice, and cross the iconic Rialto Bridge. Finally, head to Campo San Bartolomeo to see the Basilica of Santi Giovanni e Paolo and end up your experience in Piazza San Marco. Rest of the day at your leisure to continue discovering this unique city. Overnight stay in Venice. (B)
Venice - USA
Breakfast* at the hotel. At the indicated time, transfer by car from Venice Mestre to the airport for your return flight back to the US. Arrive in the US and end your trip. (B)
* Depending on the return flight schedule and the hotel breakfast service, you may not be able to enjoy the included breakfast on the last day.
** Depending on the return flight schedule, you may arrive in the US the next day and the total duration of the trip would be 11 days.