- Tour Highlights
- Dates & Prices
- Similar Tours
- Activities as indicated in the itinerary
- All transfers as indicated in itinerary
- Departures from main US airports.
- Meals as indicated in the itinerary
- Optional Experiences and free time
8 nights accommodations in your choice of hotels
- 3 nights Rome
- 3 nights Florence
- 2 nights Venice
8 Meals: 8 breakfasts.
- Domestic train in standard class: Rome - Florence - Venice.
- Transfers in air-conditioned vehicles as indicated in the itinerary.
Visits and entrance fees as indicated in the itinerary.
Guided walking tours in Florence and Venice.
Guided Visit to the Colosseum, Roman Forum & Palatine Hill in Rome.
Is This Trip Right for You?
This independent program allows the flexibility to explore on your own. Affordable, optional sightseeing excursions are available to enhance your vacations. We offer a selection of hotels to accommodate a variety of tastes and budgets. Ferry service between the islands and to and from Athens can vary from three to six hours in length, time schedules dependent upon local weather and sea conditions. Flights may be available for pre-purchase. Please note that this tour is not escorted and therefore you will not have the services of a tour manager to assist with hotel check-in formalities and luggage handling. For more information, click here.
- Day 1
- Day 2
- Day 3
- Day 4
- Day 5
- Day 6
- Day 7
- Day 8
- Day 9
- Day 10
Depart for Italy
Board your flight to Rome.
Arrive in Rome
Arrive in Rome, the Italian capital, and transfer to the hotel. Depending on your arrival time, the remainder of the day is free to begin exploring this romantic, historic city. The evening is the most magical time of day in Rome when the streets take on an even more charming character. Overnight stay in Rome.
Walking Tour of the Colosseum, Roman Forum & Palatine Hill
Breakfast at the hotel. Today, enjoy a guided visit to the Colosseum, Roman Forum & Palatine Hill, three of the main archaeological sites of the Eternal City. Learn about the history of this empire, from its birth to the gladiatorial fights in the Colosseum, and appreciate the preserved corners of ancient Rome in the Forum and the Palatine Hill. We recommend the optional Piazzas and Fountains of Rome excursion.* The remainder of the day is at your leisure to explore the historic streets of Rome and dine on delicious Italian cuisine! Overnight stay in Rome. (B)
* Optional Piazzas & Fountains of Rome Excursion: Take a pleasant walk through the artistic heart of Rome to visit its most symbolic piazzas and fountains! Visit Piazza Navona, the most elegant of all Rome squares and home to Bernini's Four Rivers Fountain. See the Church of San Luigi, the incredible Pantheon and the legendary Trevi Fountain, an icon of the city. Finally, pay a visit to the famous Spanish Steps at Piazza di Spagna, the most photogenic spot in the city!
Full Day in Rome
After a delicious breakfast at the hotel, enjoy a day at your leisure in Rome. Perhaps visit the Vatican, trace the footsteps of the greats in the ancient streets of the old city or simply indulge in some delicious Italian ice cream. However you choose to spend your day, Rome is sure to delight you with its old-world charm and unbeatable sights. We suggest taking the optional Guided tour of Vatican Museums and Sistine Chapel*. Overnight stay in Rome. (B)
* Optional Skip-the-line Guided Tour of Vatican Museums, St. Peter's Basilica and Sistine Chapel: Explore the priceless treasures held within the Vatican Museums and Sistine Chapel! Visit the Pio Clementino Hall, Laocoon and Apollo Belvedere, Maps Gallery, Candelabra Gallery, Tapestries Gallery and the incredible Sistine Chapel. Afterwards, discover the incredible St. Peter’s Basilica and the atmospheric St. Peter’s Square, dominated by Michelangelo’s imposing Cupola!
Rome - Florence
Breakfast at the hotel. At the indicated time, meet your transfer and head to the train station to catch the Frecciarossa high-speed train to Florence. Arrive in Florence, the heart of the Italian Renaissance, and self-transfer to the hotel. Rest of the day at your leisure to explore the city and keep enjoying the Italian cuisine in this gourmet paradise. Overnight stay in Florence. (B)
Guided Walking Tour of Florence
Breakfast at the hotel. Today head to the Historic Centre of Florence for a guided walking tour of Florence and discover the hidden secrets of the Tuscan capital. Start discovering Piazza Repubblica, one of the fanciest of the city, before heading to Loggia del Mercato Nuovo, a building where a local market takes place. Keep exploring the streets of Florence before arriving at the beautiful and well-known Ponte Vecchio, the most iconic bridge in the city and one of its main symbols. You will then walk through the Piazza della Signoria, the heart of Medieval Florence with the imposing Palazzo Vecchio. End the tour admiring Piazza San Giovanni, home to the impressive Florence Cathedral, with its iconic Brunelleschi cupola and the famous Giotto Belltower. Rest of the day at your leisure to continue exploring the captivating sights of Florence. Overnight stay in Florence. (B)
Full Day in Florence
Breakfast at the hotel. Full day at your leisure to enjoy your last day in the city. Florence's historical centre is considered a UNESCO World Heritage Site, so why not take a stroll on your own to discover its hidden treasures. Overnight stay in Florence. (B)
* Optional Half-Day Tour to Pisa & The Leaning Tower: No trip to Italy is complete without a photo at the iconic leaning tower, so don't miss your chance to take a day trip to Pisa! Enjoy a guided walking tour of Piazza dei Miracoli and its monuments and visit the spectacular Pisa Cathedral before spending time at the legendary Leaning Tower of Pisa, learning all about the history of this University city along the way.
Florence - Venice
Breakfast at the hotel. At the indicated time, self-transfer to the station to catch the Frecciarossa high-speed train to Venice (Mestre Station). Arrive in the romantic city of Venice, self-transfer to the hotel and enjoy the rest of the day at your leisure. Built across more than 100 small islands, Venice is a pleasure to explore on foot as you get lost in the labyrinthine streets, stumbling across hidden cafes and cultural gems along the way. Get out and discover the plentiful delights on this eternal city, such as the immense Piazza San Marco. Overnight stay in Venice. (B)
Guided Walking Tour of Venice
Breakfast at the hotel. Today, set off on a guided walking tour through Venice to learn about the history, culture and artistic heritage of the city. Experience the best of the city and stop at a local bacaro, or tavern, to taste a traditional spritz (own expense), the perfect chance to understand a little more about Venetian culture. Stroll through the most emblematic neighborhoods, see Venice's famous markets and pay a visit to the iconic Rialto Bridge. The rest of the day is at your leisure to continue discovering this unique city at your own pace. Overnight stay in Venice. (B)
*Optional Gondola Ride Experience: One of the most famous characteristics of Venice is its historic gondolas and now you can be a part of this legacy yourself! Experience an unforgettable 35-minute gondola ride through the charming waterways of Venice including the iconic Grand Canal. The quintessential Venetian experience! Note: Please note that it is a shared gondola (up to five people for each one) so you might have to share it with other people.
Breakfast* at the hotel. At the indicated time, transfer by car from Venice Mestre to the airport for your return flight back to the US. (B)
* Depending on the return flight schedule and the hotel breakfast service, you may not be able to enjoy the included breakfast on the last day.
More about this tour
Please Click Here To Request A Quotation For Your Preferred Dates Of Travel, Or Contact Your Travel Agent